|RAMPS 1.4 with Sprinter and 4 Pololu stepper drivers, ready to use|
There are several customizations I planned to implement. Here's a quick list for the plastic parts:
Already printed parts:
- most parts from the standard Prusa v2 set (LM8UU)
- integrated Z motor mount by theodleif
- Accessible Wade extruder by GregFrost; well, I bought an assembled hotend/extruder kit from Wolfgang, who changed the gear ratio to 9/47 for more torque. Wolfgang's hotends rock, several people around hackffm have one, so I simply got one
- triffid_hunter's endstop holder
- ElijahPost's Y motor mount with integrated belt tensioner
- macsboost beefy X-carriage with LM8UU bearings (derived from GregFrost's X-carriage)
- raldrich's Z-coupler with 4 grub screws
- custom Prusa X-ends with 17mm funnel for trapezoidal spindle bearings
As of today the frame and Y-axis is mounted and mechanically tested
|Frame with adjusted Y-axis|
The stepper pictured above is a Nanotech, which I got several from eBay for cheap. Mounting the molded pulleys made from acetate is a breeze with these motors. The motor got a M4 threaded hollow shaft. The pulley got a 3.5mm center bore. So I cut a M4 thread into the pulley and crewed it to an M4 threaded rod that is countered by a nut on the opposite side of the motor. Easy going.
Since I forgot to print the LM8UU holders for the Y-carriage, I measured the rod position precisely and drilled 5mm holes into the carriage to hold the linear bearings with zip-ties. Works like a charm.
As you can see there's only one Z motor mount installed. The next part I'll print is the second Z mount. The the spindle couplings, the X-ends, the carriage (in this order).